Introducing Centro Larchmont
– luxury condominium residences at 108 Chatsworth Avenue and 65 Wendt Avenue – in the heart of the Village. Built by local developer Elk Homes of Rye, NY, Centro will enhance Larchmont visually as well as with the addition of premier modern retail space, a new public pedestrian walkway and increased public parking as well as resident parking.
• Centro Larchmont will replace several aging commercial buildings that will be demolished to allow for a new 55,000 SF structure.
• The 26-unit building will include a collection of 23 luxury and 3 affordable condominium residences ranging in size from 900 SF to 3,500 SF.
• The building design reflects and incorporates many classic architectural elements contextually significant within the Larchmont Central Business District.
• Centro Larchmont is consistent in scale with historic and long-established multifamily and mixed-use buildings nearby.
• Residents of Centro will enjoy a wide range of amenities in this full service, 24-hour doorman building.
Benefits to the Community
• The development will be another significant step towards revitalization of the Village Central Business District.
• The project will include redevelopment of the current village parking lot on the North side of Wendt Avenue, rebuilt as a two-story parking structure. The expansion will provide 28 additional public parking spaces, including 4 handicapped spaces – a 50% increase in lot capacity. And, many spaces will be larger than in the current lot. The parking deck will be constructed and paid for by Elk Homes, project developer.
• A total of 50 parking spaces will be provided within Centro Larchmont to serve residents and merchants of the new building.
• Elk Homes will also provide and maintain a new ten-foot wide pedestrian walkway from the parking lot to Chatsworth Avenue, making direct access to Chatsworth far easier for shoppers and residents.
• The new building, with an elegant lobby entrance, will include 5,000 SF of modern retail space along Chatsworth Avenue.
• The development will result in a substantial increase to the Village tax base, paying an anticipated $4 Million in new additional property tax revenues over the first 10 years, with approximately 60% apportioned to schools.
• There will be minimal impact on municipal services from the new building. Few, if any, school-age children are expected to reside in the building.
• New residents will mean new customers for existing retail, services and restaurants in Larchmont.
• Centro Larchmont will be an attractive new housing option for local residents looking to downsize but wishing to remain in the community.
About the Developer
• Elk Homes, of Rye, NY has a highly regarded reputation for providing quality housing in premier communities, since 2000. Elk Homes currently owns and operates 64 rental properties located in Westchester and Greenwich, CT. The company initially focused solely on the purchase, construction and rental of single-family homes, but over time has expanded its scope to include development of multi-family properties at infill locations. Completed projects include: Elk Court in Rye; Astor Court in Irvington; Harbor Court, Marina Court and Coastal Court in Mamaroneck; and Orchard Court and Brookside Court in Greenwich. Colonial Court is currently under construction in Pelham.